Last updated February 17, 2017.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email, sent to the e-mail address specified in your account or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our Site and services to understand how your personal information is used.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Site and services. We may also supplement this information with information such as “title” or “industry” from other companies to ensure a complete user profile is created. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual. Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our services and for advertising and marketing purposes. We collect information you give us on our Site and when you register for and use our services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
- Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid Capriza account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Web pages, services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you. We do not link this automatically-collected information to personal information
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Site and our publications, products and services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Capriza or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Site and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Capriza that better meet your needs;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Capriza may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Personal Information
Capriza reserves the right to share aggregated demographic information about our customers, sales, and traffic to our partners and advertisers. We will not give, sell, rent, share, or trade any of your personal information or any data that you store using our services to any third party except as outlined in this Policy or with your consent. We may disclose information to a third party to
(b) in the good faith belief that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency, or protect the personal safety of any person
(c) as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
(d) to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payment or offering live customer support chat. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Per the requirements of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, Capriza may be liable in cases of onward transfer to third parties not covered by the above exceptions.
Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or delete it on our Site or deactivate your account by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
Capriza may send you communications or data regarding our Site and services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Site and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Capriza by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blog / Forum
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
If you have any questions about this Policy, you should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capriza is also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Per the requirements of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, you may invoke binding arbitration in some cases.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Capriza commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Capriza at: email@example.com
Capriza has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact information below.
400 Hamilton Ave., Ste 103
Palo Alto, CA 94301